just like through a sleepy eye that partially opens up.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
I used to do this, perhaps not every year but come the end of the year or early in the New Year, it was something I liked to do.
I would like to get a little notebook, my pen and find a comfy spot to sit. And then I would think over the past year with of course a cup of fresh coffee by my side.
I didn’t call them resolutions; it was more like reviewing my past year or taking inventory and setting some goals for the New Year. This year I got a new notebook and revived the tradition.
To get my mind rolling I would ask myself some questions like:
- Did I learn something new this year? Could be a hobby, computer program, or a book I read.
- Did I travel anywhere? Could be to another country or just to the next town.
- Did I make some new friends? Who were they and where did I meet them?
- Did I try any new ventures? Did I try a new business, new job or project?
- Do I have some great memories? What happened that was memorable?
Then I would record some things in my inventory. Here are some examples of what I would list:
- My weight – Never know when you might come across a great weight loss program (if you need one). Or just a great preventive health measure to monitor your weight.
- My current job and salary – never know when you might get a promotion, a raise or even a new job? Or a great business idea?
- My current place of residence – never know when you might move
- As a writer – write down current places where you’ve published – including blogs, etc. You never know when you discover another great publisher or get that best selling book idea!!
- Pictures of your home – never know when the next great decorating idea will hit you, or when the clutter bug exterminator comes by.
- Any Projects that I’ve started and still have an interest in finishing.
I could also record any new things I wanted to try or goals I wanted to accomplish in the next year.
Then I’d close the book and put it away. Just put it in a place I can remember so I can find it next year and compare the results!
Do you have any New Year traditions?