Friday, May 18, 2012

Spring ~ First Flower Blooms


It's official, our First Spring Flower has bloomed!

Much more than just a Dandelion!

Hey, before you go.........

Here are just some of the things that others say about me:

  • I am a rich source of vitamins and minerals, with my leaves getting the highest rating of Vitamin A content of all greens!
  • My roots have high amounts of choline, which is and important nutrient for the liver.
  • My leaves are diuretic, which helps flush excess water out of your body.
  • My flowers are endowed with lecithin (good for liver ailments)
  • I am a good companion plant.
  • My taproot brings up essential nutrients to plants that have shallower roots.
  • I add minerals and nitrogen to the soil.
  • I attract pollinating insects.
  • I release ethylene gas which helps fruits to ripen.
  • My leaves are abundant with vitamins A, C & K, as well as good source of calcium, potassium, iron and manganese
  • My flower petals are great for dandelion wine
  • My roasted roots can be used for caffeine free coffee
  • I have been traditionally used in a British soft drink (dandelion and burdock)
You have got to admit, for a common weed, I'm pretty dandy!!

Thanks to Wikipedia and Herbal Legacy for listing my virtues!









1 comment:

  1. wow..who would have known all that from a weed?! thanks for the scoop!

    ReplyDelete

Leave you comment here.....