It's official, our First Spring Flower has bloomed!
|Much more than just a Dandelion!|
Hey, before you go.........
Here are just some of the things that others say about me:
- I am a rich source of vitamins and minerals, with my leaves getting the highest rating of Vitamin A content of all greens!
- My roots have high amounts of choline, which is and important nutrient for the liver.
- My leaves are diuretic, which helps flush excess water out of your body.
- My flowers are endowed with lecithin (good for liver ailments)
- I am a good companion plant.
- My taproot brings up essential nutrients to plants that have shallower roots.
- I add minerals and nitrogen to the soil.
- I attract pollinating insects.
- I release ethylene gas which helps fruits to ripen.
- My leaves are abundant with vitamins A, C & K, as well as good source of calcium, potassium, iron and manganese
- My flower petals are great for dandelion wine
- My roasted roots can be used for caffeine free coffee
- I have been traditionally used in a British soft drink (dandelion and burdock)
Thanks to Wikipedia and Herbal Legacy for listing my virtues!