Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just for Today

A couple of days ago, I was sitting on the deck enjoying the late afternoon sunshine. Contentedly purring in my lap was my kitty.

I could only feel a hint of warmth in the air. The weather was about to change and I mostly could only feel the cool crisp wisps of air breeze past my face.

As I sat there, I thought, one really needs to stop and enjoy a moment of peace and contentment for today. The days are so busy and we worry about all kinds of things and it seems tomorrow gets more attention than today.

I thought of the verse in Matthew 2:34

“Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”

Do we worry too much about tomorrow that we forget to enjoy the precious moments of today?

4 comments:

  1. Aloha and thank you for this thought today!! I needed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting. Glad the thought helped you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought similar thoughts.... I like how you and your kitty were in tune on that..... no thought for later, just the 'now'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that.. especially "it seems tomorrow gets more attention than today." How true!

    ReplyDelete

Leave you comment here.....